Friday, March 16, 2007

Our Constant

God completely blessed my heart during our personal retreat time yesterday. The weather was perfect, full of the sounds and smells of spring. His word is so rich and fresh each time I read it. As I sat taking it all in I was overwhelmed and moved to tears by the thought of how vast and uncontainable our God truly is. He is unchanging. His beauty beyond description. He is the same yesterday, today and forever! With Him there is no shadow or turning. Words cannot express what amazing joy and peace this promise brings my soul. How uncomprehendable that while so many things in our lives are unpredictable, inconsistant and out of our control, we have a Constant. One who will love us no matter who we are or where we go. Who will never leave us nor forsake us! What wonderous love is this O my soul? How sweet are the riches of His goodness!

"For I am convinced that niether death nor life...nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our LORD." Rom. 8:39

1 comment:

Matt said...

Sharon.... i know i already told you this, but you did an awesome job telling your story! by far the best one thus far....well, that guy who told the story about Jesus calming the storm, his was pretty good too....heh...