Friday, June 22, 2007

still learning

It's been a while since I've felt the inspiration to blog. A lot has transpired in that time, but as I reflect back even futher on this year, that we are rapidly approaching the middle of, I see how quickly and vastly my life has changed. God has stripped me of many comforts, and through this He has soften my heart. He is, I believe, not forcing me, but rather inviting me to lean more fully on Him, in a reckless abandon I cannot fathom. As you know I'm in a strange place, with strange people, who speak a strange language. I've commited to do something that I know is above my head and out of my hands. I am often tempted to feel alone and forgotten, helpless and at times a little hopeless of ever feeling competent at anything again. I am acquainted with the overseas illness that brings out the little girl cry deep within for mom to come and make it better. I have been humbled by seeing how prideful and arrogant I truly am. I have often felt confusion, the painful awkardness of being different, and at times even shunned. Yet greater than all this I have been absolutely AWED at the glorious, beautiful, capable, unchanging, unmeasureablely loving, LIVING GOD I serve! I can't remember a time in my life when I have been more grateful and aware of the faithfulness of His presence. I am learning and unlearning much. I pray that through the entirity of this journey I remain sheltered in the ming-boggling peace that He supplies.

Lately this familar and, often for me, easily forgotten verse has been on my heart,

Galatians 2:20 ~ "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life that I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

2 comments:

Matt said...

nicely put sharon...your transparency is such a blessing. Isn't cool knowing that there are many other ppl we know that are going through the same struggles/joys/etc?? walk worthy sister.

Matthew said...

It is great to know that Father has made Himself known to you in so many ways. Granted, yes we all know that He does and will, but it is the ways in which He does it that wows me daily. He is faithful to us all which allows us to do the work that we do where we are at considering we have all given up things, places, and people for our work here. As Baker pointed out, thanks for your transparency!