Saturday, December 8, 2007

most wonderful time of the year!

December. Christmas. I love this time of year! Everything about it is wonderful, from the cheerful music and decorations to that crisp feeling in the air. It's a wonderful time to savor friends, family...and life.
As I ponder this year and all the changes and new experiences that I have had, I cannot help but stand in awe of the joy that comes from being alive. There are such wonders in the small experiences of drinking a dr. pepper, eating a hamburger, and being with friends. Things we aren't always conscious of, but that fill our lives. Life can be so complex and overwhelming, but then it's so simple...just live! I remain convinced that it's the litte things that make it worth the living.
I feel so grateful to be where I am today, learning new things, meeting new people, being able to look back and see how my Heavenly Father is shaping my life for His glory.
I guess there's something about this season that makes me so reflective, and maybe that's what makes this the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

Will You Forgive Me? said...

Great to hear you're excited at what Father's been doing in and around you. I love reflecting on the year and just enjoying the work of the Lord through it. May He give you great insight and encouragement in this holiday season!

Matthew said...

Yes, it is great to hear of your thoughts on this past year as we all have so much to reflect upon being in new homes and environments but yet still in our Father's hands! Amazing!! Further, I love this time of year also for the decorations, food, music, festivities, etc. It is a great time to really be thankful for all that Father has done for me and has taught me!